Care UK Plc
Take private of Care UK Plc
Altium acted as financial adviser to the management team on the take-private of Care UK Plc (“Care UK”)
- Care UK provides a range of health and social care solutions primarily to various public sector purchasers. The Company’s operations are split into two divisions: Social Care, which operates 57 residential homes and provides 123,000 hours per week of community care as well as a range of specialist support care; and Health Care, which provides a range of primary and secondary care services.
- Care UK operates 3 Independent Sector Treatment Centres (ISTCs) and 12 GP practices, 2 NHS walk-in centres, 10 NHS treatment centres and a range of mental health centres around the country.
- In April 2010 Warwick Bidco, a company backed by Bridgepoint Capital, completed the public to private buyout of Care UK with its successful 450p per share offer. The Deal EV was approximately £442m.
- Altium advised the management team of Care UK (comprising Mike Parish (CEO), Paul Humphreys (FD), Douglas Umbers (MD) & Mark Hunt (MD)) on the offer and their participation in Warwick Bidco.
- The management team was advised on all relevant aspects of the take-private process, which was affected by a way of a scheme of arrangement, including the application of the City Code and guidance on the timing, structure and terms of the transaction.
For further information on this transaction please contact Stephen Georgiadis or Andy Richards.
<< Click here for further Case Studies